Can't figure out what to cook on Fridays during Lent? You need this book!!
From delicious soups and salads to zesty curries and classic Lenten staples, The Lenten Cookbook offers a uniquely Catholic way of celebrating the Lenten season in your home each year.
Much more than a cookbook, this first-ever guidebook for mealtimes in Lent features essays from acclaimed biblical scholar Scott Hahn, who reflects on the history of fasting and its integral role in our personal spiritual growth. Hahn guides you on how to practice a holy Lent that will enable you to return your focus to Christ, and how to carry the unique and extraordinary joys of Lent forward into the rest of the year. You’ll also learn of forgotten Catholic traditions and timeless customs, such as St. Martin’s Lent, Ember Days, and Rogation Days and how you can apply these time-honored periods of grace to your spiritual life today.
All recipes are from chef (and former Swiss Guard) David Geisser.
The Lenten Cookbook is a culinary masterpiece that is a must-have for any Catholic and an ideal gift for a loved one’s kitchen or coffee table. It also includes:
- Scores of meatless dishes that are both simple and savory
- Nearly 50 pages of exclusive content from Scott Hahn on the Lenten season
- Over a dozen meals ideally suited for those pursuing a rigorous Lent
- Several variations on the traditional Lenten hot-cross bun recipe
- Inspiring Scripture verses and quotes from the saints to keep you on track this Lent.